Surveying the Chaos
2.25.2007
  Origin / Diana Abu-Jaber / W.W. Norton / June 2007
If you are going to choose just one of the books I have recommended on this blog thus far, make it this one.

Diana Abu-Jaber ('Crescent,' 'Arabian Jazz') does a great job with a strange story line. This one is weird - the main character believes something unbelievable about her childhood so fully that the reader really buys into it, too. It has compelling characters, with a nice, realistic love story. Throw in the suspense of the 'whodunnit' crime scenes, and you've got a great read.

I would have read this in 1 day if I had nothing else to do. Instead, I ignored everyone, walked around the house with it open while I brushed my teeth, got dressed, etc. Heh.

Labels:

 
Comments:
I feel the same way - I totally bought it. It's one of those books that makes me want to read more from the author, much like I did with Pam Houston and Nicole Krauss. I'll try to find time to do a review of House Lights and/or Body of Lies soon. Miss y'all!
 
Great :) Glad you enjoyed it, & glad I wasn't the only one buying into the whackiness of the story line!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Reviews of whatever the hell we care to review! :)

Archives
November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]