Surveying the Chaos
2.25.2007
  The Departed
departed actors 1
Sometimes I read other people's reviews; rarely do I end up agreeing with the reviewer's assessment of whatever it is (except with art, for some reason). I read a review of The Departed when it came out, and the reviewer managed to convince me that this movie was hardly worth watching.
That person was wrong. This movie was fantastic. It was smart and funny, with a tour de force of acting on display. There were 2 small things I didn't like about it, but they come nowhere close to affecting my overall assessment.
One of the reasons I was sure I wouldn't like this movie much was because Leonardo diCaprio is in it. But I was wrong about that. He has really improved with age. He takes his acting seriously and does an amazing job in this flick. Plus, he's really sexy in this one (the first of his films I can say that about).

Yeps. A must-see.

departed actors 2

Labels:

 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Reviews of whatever the hell we care to review! :)

Archives
November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]